Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bangkok, Thailand




On the 1st of September I arrived at Bangkok, Thailand. The flight was very smooth and pleasant, but the passengers were very noisy. I gathered up all of my luggage after the arrival and picked up my hired car, and drove my self to the Sawasdee Bangkok Inn hotel. I am staying here for six nights for only $126.00. There's no holding back for me because I got straight into the action. My first stop for my Bangkok visit wass the Emerald Buddha, which is located in the Grand Palace complex. This cost me 125 baht to enter and it was worth it because I met lots of new people and had a great time. My second stop on the 2nd of September wass the Ancient City at Samut Prakan, Bangpoo. It cost me 500 baht and that included bike rental. It was a fantastic day because there was so much peace and serenity. On the 3rd of September I visited some place out of the usual and this place, or museum, was the Forensic Museum at Siriraj Hospital. The entry fee was only 40 baht, now that's cheap because 40 baht is roughly $1.50 Australian. This was a very interesting visit with lots of excitement. For my last visit at Bangkok I explored the Vimanmek Mansion. This cost me 100 baht. The mansion was fantastic. It doesn't look like much when you see it from the outside, but wow, it was truly a mansion. For the last two days in Bangkok I enjoyed living it out in this truly beautiful area.

No comments: