Saturday, October 13, 2007

Taipei, Taiwan





On the 14th of September I left Tokyo and travelled to Taipei. It was quite a long flight for me but it was nice and smooth. I had to pick up my new hire car to travel to my hotel at about 6 pm. The hotel was called the Meadow Hotel Taipei and it cost me $483 for 7 nights. By the time I unpacked it was quite late but the day wasn't over yet. So I went down to the Shihlin Night Market. This market is a 24/7 thing so store owners never get a break, literally. I had a great time looking around the market, but some things weren't that good. Like once, in the market I saw a flattened sun dried frog. The next morning I had to sleep in, because I was up till 2 am at the markets, so I tried something less stressfull on the good old brain. This thing I tried was visiting the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, where it is always quiet and peaceful. I had a great time learning new things and seeing the new sights. Last but not least, I visited the Taipei City Zoo. This cost me 60.00 twd and that's roughly $2.20 aud. I had a fantastic time exploring the depth of the Zoo. For the next four days I explored the city.

No comments: